Salsa designed and built the Horsethief Deore 12-speed to be your versatile trail 29er, your do-it-all full-suspension fun machine. They started with a double- and triple-butted, heat-treated 6066-T6 aluminum frame to provide stiffness and durability. Then they gave it 140 mm front and 120 mm rear travel, their excellent Split Pivot suspension system, and all-around geometry for tackling lines in all types of terrain. Shimano Deore 12-speed drivetrain is smooth and reliable wherever you may roam.
Horsethief is one bike for many trails. From mastering your local trails to discovering new destinations, Horsethief has your back. It’s capable of pushing through technical terrain, instills confidence while riding aggressively, and pairs well with beautiful vistas and a post-ride beverage.
- Aluminum frame and Split Pivot suspension design with 120mm of efficient travel, remaining fully active under braking while supportive throughout its travel, paired with a 140mm suspension fork
- A short stem paired with a long top tube, combined with a 67-degree head tube angle provides descending confidence, yet balances overall wheelbase length and slow speed maneuverability
- Two full-size bottle cage mounts fit inside the front triangle on all frame sizes. Pair with Anything Bracket and Rescue Roll for pack-free singletrack bliss
- The rear Flip chip adjusts the head tube angle and bottom bracket height for terrain, wheel size, and personal preference
- Super Boost 157 x 12mm rear hub spacing combined with a standard width bottom bracket results in a 432mm chainstay length that’s 5mm shorter than previous-generations
- Spec’d with a 29 x 2.5’’ front and 2.4" rear wheel/tire combination, but can accommodate a range of additional sizes of 27.5 x 2.8 - 3.0" and 29 x 2.2 - 2.6’’