Carrying speed in the snow can be a challenge. We designed Beargrease to keep you rolling on groomed snow trails and beyond. 27.5” wheels maintain momentum and the carbon frame and fork keep weight to a minimum. The frame and fork feature bottle and cargo mounts for all the extra equipment you need for endurance effort or just long days out. Equipped with SRAM’s X01 Eagle components, this Beargrease is a smooth, efficient carbon fat tire bike for winter racing or hitting local trails year-round.
A long front/center, short stem, and wide bars, and 440 mm chainstays create room to move and add confidence while maneuvering on tight trails. This geometry results in a fat bike that rides like a trail bike. It is stable, steers well in loose conditions, and remains nimble and agile despite the massive wheels and tires. The low bottom bracket height is also key to keeping the rider’s center of gravity low, which makes dabbing, dismounting and remounting easier.
Wheel Size Info:
Beargrease rolls on 27.5 x 3.8" wheels and tires. For groomed snow or dirt, this diameter provides increased rollover, a longer contact patch, and the flotation of a 3.8" tire without the added rolling resistance when compared to a 26" wheel.
Featuring a full carbon design, the Kingpin Deluxe Fork is lightweight and durable, and features an amazing array of accessory mounts to help you make the most of your Beargrease: Dual sets of Three-Pack mounts on each leg accept bottle cages or our Anything Cage accessory / Lowrider mounts work with our Down Under front rack for a traditional touring setup / Internal dynamo hub wire routing keeps the front end clean for those upgrading to dyno hubs.
- Frame: Beargrease Carbon v2
- Fork: Kingpin Deluxe
- Color: Red/Teal
- Rear Shock: N/A
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Cassette: SRAM XG-1295 Eagle, 10–52t, 12 speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle
- Crankset: TRUVATIV STYLO C Eagle Fat5 DUB, 30t
- Shifter: SRAM X01 Eagle
- Brakes & Rotors: SRAM G2 RSC brakes, SRAM CenterLine rotors (6-bolt, 160 mm)
- Headset (Upper/Lower): Cane Creek 40
- Stem: Salsa Guide Trail, 35.0 mm clamp
- Handlebar: Salsa Guide 35.0 Carbon
- Grips/Bar Tape: Salsa File Tread Lock-On
- Seatpost: Salsa Guide Carbon
- Saddle: WTB Volt Cromoly SL Medium
- Front Wheel: DT Swiss 350 15 x 150 mm hub, WHISKY No.9 76W rim
- Rear Wheel: DT Swiss 350 12 x 197 mm hub, WHISKY No.9 76W rim
- Tires: 45NRTH Vanhelga, 27.5 x 4.0" 120 TPI, Tubeless-Ready, Folding
- Complete Bike Weight: 26 lbs 3 oz for Large
*Specification and pricing subject to change without notice.